Start of Developement ⏰
Late April 2020
Tools & Software 🔨
- Everplant is written in GDScript, a Python-like programming language.
- The Game Engine used for Everplant is Godot, an open-source Game-Engine (fast, free & good for wrinting software as well)
- All the textures are done on my own (Jesper) using Aseprite
- JSON-Databanks are managed using Visual Studio Code
- Audio is done using LMMS
- All the tools used for the developement were Open-Source (Game-Engine, IDE, Textures, Audio etc.)
- Everplant was originally called "Solarcraft" and then renamed to "Solarcraft Sandbox" due to Copyright-Issues. In October 2020, the developer changed the name to Everplant to make it fit better to the game experience.
- The Indie Game Studio TakeLime Games was founded by Jesper Eggers to develop Everplant.
- During the first 6 months, the main character looked like this:
- In Everplant, a chunk is 9x9 blocks big.
Unique selling points 🎈
- Everplant is 100% moddable - knowledge in writing code is not required an optional
- Technically, all the content in Everplant is a mod as well, which means that everything in the game could be 1:1 redone by a modder.
- Everplant features an in-game modding platform
- Multiplanetary space-exploration
- Jesper Eggers (Game Design, Coding & Promotion). Further information: Get to know the Developer