Start: April 19th 2020, originally named "Solarcraft".
Initial concept: Story-based game in a dystopian post-civilized world playing the the last being alive. A scenario best comparable to Disney's Wall-E vision.
The game's very start is set in a dark cave where the player has been frozen for centuries. Surviving, exploring and building gonna be his next challenges.
Tools and Software 🔨
- It's user-friendliness, outstanding open-source community and motivating learning-curve made me choose the Godot Engine as IDE.
- Most common progoramming language in-use is GDScript, a Python-like programming language optimized for the Godot IDE.
- All textures and designes for both the pixelart and UI-elements are exclusively handcrafted for Everplant using Aseprite.
- JSON-databank management worked best with Visual Studio Code.
- Everplant's immersive audio-experience is accomplished in the course of a creative workflow between LMMS (open source but comes with a pretty bad UI) and FL Studio for a unique feel.
Quick Facts 💡
- Most tools used for building up the Everplant Ecosystem are open source.
- TakeLime is the studio developing Everplant.
- Default chunk-size is 9x9 blocks.
Unique selling points 🏆
- Everplant Studio makes the game 100% moddable. Coding skills? Just optional! Range of modifications and speed of workflow are leaving competitors far behind.
- Multiplanetary space-exploration.
- Every world is unique and powered by modern world-gen algorithms terraforming your screen into a wohle new galaxy everyday.
- Multiplayer (most fun with friends!): automatic mod-syncronization across all players, cross-plattform (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Nintento Switch, Playstation and XBox), P2P self-hosting.
Meassuring Social Stats 📐
8.000+ Visitors on itch.io
240+ Subscribers on YouTube
180+ Follower on Twitter
While the Everplant Ecosystem is in production, we're looking forward to an ever-growing community gathering around the idea of creating a two-dimensional space for adventures and life.
Handcraft your World. Most fun with friends!
Handcraft Mods, Texturepacks and more like magic!